Archive for: April, 2008
We are currently looking to add a smart junior at our New York city HQ. Please check the description below and spread the word!
Location: New York City
Converseon is looking for a savvy, social-media-involved person to join our team, working on client engagements including blog development, blogger outreach, social network development and outreach, podcast/video projects, digital PR and other online consumer engagement activities and analysis.
We’re very fast-paced and looking for someone with the desire and ability to learn quickly and with the self-motivation to stay on top of new social media venues and opportunities. If you’ve never heard of Facebook or have never read a blog, please don’t apply. Fresh out of college is fine, or with 1-2 years of experience in almost anything, really – as long as social media and community engagement is a driving force in your life.
* Research opportunities for client interaction in social media venues
* Assist on outreach campaigns: Researching blogs, online communities and other environments, actively assisting in relationship development
* Outreach in written and verbal form to relevant online communities and constituencies
* Assist in managing client projects, including development and adherence to timelines and project plans
* Support team by developing project documentation, including call/meeting reports, presentations, written deliverables
* As needed and depending on skillset, assist team in development of podcasts, blogs and/or basic video
* Professional or personal experience communicating and forming relationships within online communities (this could include blogs, message boards, social networks and other emerging web communities)
* Strong written and verbal communications skills – should be the editor type, not the one who needs to be edited
* Creative problem-solver who can think independently
* Self-starter that identifies opportunities and shows passion for team-development
* Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing team environment and meet tight deadlines
* Fast learner as well as a great team player
* Bachelors degree or better
Please apply by emailing your resume (ideally in the body of the email, or in Word format) and salary requirements to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Converseon team is in mass conference mode this week as CEO Rob Key, Constantin Basturea and Paull Young each appear at leading online communications conferences around the USA. Details follow, if you will be attending any of these events please be sure to seek us out.
SMX ‘Master Social Media Marketing’ Conference– Rob Key Promotes Social Media Evangelism
Location: Long Beach, CA
When: April 22-23 (Rob’s panel is on Wednesday April 23 from 10:40am-12:00pm)
Rob Key will speak on the ‘Evangelist – The Marketer’s Role in SMM’ panel discussing the importance of evangelizing social media as an active participant in online communities in order to truly succeed in social media marketing. The session will also provide tips on how to authentically engage in online communities.
SNCR New Communications Forum – Constantin Basturea Looks to the Future of Public Relations
Location: Sonoma County, CA
When: April 22-25
Converseon has long been a proud supporter of the Society for New Communications Research as it is one of the most forward thinking organizations focusing on the rise of social media. Converseon director of social media and SNCR Fellow Constantin Basturea will be appearing alongside Brian Solis and Darren Barefoot on a panel entitled ‘Detour Ahead: Closing the Road to PR 3.0′.
Authentic Communications Conference – Paull Young Discusses New Methods to Measure Communications ROI
Location: CUNY Graduate Center, New York
When: Thursday, April 24 (Paull’s panel is from 1.30-2.15)
The Authentic Communications conference’s tagline is ‘Beyond Web 2.0’ and it aims to ‘bring together the best minds in the industry to showcase and explore success, failures and discuss how the industry can make sense of and take advantage of the rapidly changing environment facing us‘. Paull Young will be moderating a panel on measurement and ROI featuring Allison Murphy from PR Newswire, Kirsten Osolind of Re:Invention and Edelman’s Steve Rubel.